Creatives at Work
Activate supports artists, producers and creatives working in dance, theatre and outdoor arts who are based in or making work in Dorset.
To create outstanding events and performances, sometimes you need support. Whatever your background or experience, we’re here to help creatives in performing arts make the most inspiring work they can. Every one of us is on a journey. Wherever you are on yours, we’ll do our best to help.
These are just some of the ways we can support you:
- A free one-to-one advice session with one of our friendly producers
- Funding advice and support for you to make applications e.g. written letters of support
- Introducing you to presenters, venues and our wide network of partners
- Opportunities to present your work in unusual locations
- The free loan of kit from our event store
- Connecting you to experts, other artists and producers
- Access to our professional development (CPD) events
- Free resources and toolkits
- Space to feature news about your work online in our For Creatives newsletter
- Bespoke Co-Commission and Co-Presenting Funds
Stay up to date with opportunities by subscribing to our For Creatives newsletter. We often share commission call-outs, training and bursary opportunities from across the UK.
- Our ‘Co-Commission Funds’ are small amounts, usually allocated 6 months – 1 year in advance. Normally the projects we support are fairly well developed. In the past some of this work has gone on to be commissioned as part of our Inside Out Dorset festival.
- Our ‘Co-Presenting Funds’ help us to bring exciting new work to Dorset in partnership with our local venues and other festivals. Usually these funds are allocated 6 months – 1 year in advance.
If you have a project you would like us to support, please contact one of our Producers.