Saturday 17th June 10am-4pm, Pavilion Dance, Bournemouth, £25. To book contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop is for dance practitioners who work with older people, or would like to, to inspire, learn and share. It will focus on-
- exercise structures to use as a body warm-up and as a movement training. Bone structure, joints and deep musculature. Working from the floor, then seated, then in the space.
- concepts from Mariantonia’s work- movement that recognizes the worth of older people.
- tools to challenge gravity without fear, taste risk without danger.
- individual and group movement research work.
- personal musicality and rhythm.
- dance as artistic project.
- dance as social project.
- why do we dance? Dance as life’s energy. The joy of dancing.
Mariantonia Oliver runs her own company in Palma, Mallorca
She is visiting the UK to present a key note at the Culture, Health and Wellbeing Conference in Bristol, and will be working with Grace and Growl Dance Company to create a short piece for the conference.
Tickets £25, available from Activate Performing Arts, contact email@example.com
With thanks to Pavilion Dance South West for supporting this workshop.