Leverhulme Young Conductor in Association
The Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra invites applications for the post of Leverhulme Young Conductor in Association.
The appointment will start on Thursday 1 September 2016 for an initial period of 12 months, with a possible renewal for a 2nd year. The post is open to candidates already eligible to work in the UK and who are under the age of 35 at 1 September 2016.
This is an excellent opportunity for a conductor of professional standard at the start of their career or about to leave post-graduate study. He/she will work closely with the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra in a supportive and inspiring environment.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Be present at rehearsals, concerts and recording sessions, and be prepared to stand in if required
- Assist staff and guest conductors with balance, conducting off-stage if necessary, and general assistance
- Conduct items within a concert programme, or full concert programmes at the Company’s discretion
- Be available to assist the Librarians in preparation of parts (bowings, etc) and to assist in the Concerts Department as required
- Work as part of our Community/Education activity
- Conduct School and Family concerts, and Ensemble concerts
The role attracts a bursary. The successful candidate will be expected to take up residence in the orchestra’s locality. A group of orchestra members will offer feedback and advice following concert performances.
To apply, please email
- an internet link of audio/visual footage showing at least 10 minutes of yourself conducting
- your CV
- a letter explaining why you would like to be considered for the role
- a copy of the personal details page of your passport and any additional proof of your eligibility to work in the UK as appropriate
Email to: Marion Aston, Concerts Administrator, at email@example.com
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 15 April 2016 A shortlist of candidates will be invited to auditions on 20 and 21 June 2016. For any further questions about the post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org