Image: Cirque Rouages at Inside Out Dorset 2018, Photo by Elliot Franks
We are a highly committed team of dedicated to our work and we need someone with a passion to celebrate and communicate what we do. We work with artists, young people with and without disabilities, diverse community groups of all ages, volunteers and huge festival audiences across rural and urban locations.
Activate is committed to challenging perceptions that the arts are elitist and not for everyone. We seek to remove barriers to participation, particularly for under-represented groups and individuals. Access and meaningful experiences are at the heart of what we do.
JOB DESCRIPTION - Marketing and Communications Manager (P/T)
Job Purpose: To manage the marketing and communications for Activate
Reports to: Executive and Artistic Director
Responsible for: temporary assistants, PR agencies, design agencies, front of house during festival periods
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead on our Audience Development and Digital Strategies in consultation with the rest of the team
- Devise and implement a holistic Strategic Marketing plan for Activate and all its areas of work (informed by Audience Development & Digital Strategies)
- Keep accessibility at the heart of our communications – produce materials in alternative formats, BSL and audio descriptions
- Devise specific project marketing campaigns and support the team to implement them
- Take the lead on marketing for Inside Out Dorset Festival
- Take a lead on reviewing and updating our Activate and Inside Out Dorset websites
- Oversee all design, print procurement and distribution
- Create new promotional opportunities to raise the profile of Activate and the art forms we support
- Write and update copy and pick out lead images to communicate with our audience(s)
- Oversee and coordinate the gathering of promotional materials from artists and partners across our programmes
- Produce the festival brochures, press releases and other publicity materials working with appropriate external agencies
- Negotiate print and media partnerships
- Plan regional and national PR and media work: write press releases, manage PR freelancers and act as the main point of contact for the media
- Work with our thriving Dorset/neighbouring counties tourism sectors to reach new audiences
- Report quarterly on marketing coverage and impact
- Lead on audience research, data capture and analysis – plan festival and large event evaluations with the Senior Administrator and Producing team
- Lead on creation of new in-house branded templates for external communications e.g. Activate e-newsletter, artist opportunity mail-outs, volunteer call-outs.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Post: Marketing and Communications Manager P/T, 2.5 days per week.
Salary: Up to £27,000 pro rata.
Contract: Permanent. The post is subject to a three months probationary period.
Hours of work: 18.5 hours per week days to be agreed. Flexible working will be necessary with some evening and weekend work. Overtime will not be paid but time off in lieu for work in excess of the stated hours may be taken, with the agreement of the Director.
Holidays: 23 days a year pro rata, plus public holidays. Holidays to be agreed with the Director in advance.
Expenses: Expenses in carrying out the work will be reimbursed in line with the agreed project budget and will be agreed in advance of claim.
Notice period: After the probationary period, notice is three months on either side.
Location: Activate Office, 7-9 The Little Keep, Barrack Road, Dorchester, Dorset, DT1 1SQ.
Equal Opportunities: It is expected that the post holder will ensure that their work operates in accordance with the best equal opportunities practice, in line with the company policy.
Please supply the following information:
- A letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4, setting out:
- why you wish to apply for this job,
- the knowledge, skills and experience you can offer, set against the person specification requirements,
- knowledge of and understanding of social media in the arts,
- please refer to actual activities and campaigns where possible.
- Your up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- The names and addresses of two referees. References for shortlisted candidates will be taken up before interview unless you request otherwise.
Please email to: email@example.com or send to: Activate, 7-9 The Little Keep, Bridport Road, Dorchester, DT1 1SQ
We are happy to accept applications in other formats such video or audio.
Closing date for applications: midday 30th May 2019
Interviews for this post will be held on: 10th June 2019
Note: Diverse City are also recruiting for a part-time 2.5 day Communications Manager (deadline 28th April) which may be of interest to candidates looking for a full time post. Please note in your application if you are applying for both positions. http://www.diversecity.org.uk/communications-manager/