BRIDPORT ARTS CENTRE seek a Theatre Technical Coordinator
Location, Bridport, Dorset
Salary up to £28,000 - £30,000 p.a. dependent on experience
Closing date, 24 Jan 2020
As well as delivering live events, rigging and operating light, sound and projection equipment; we are looking for an experienced all-round technician who can support and maintain our ICT, CRM and building management systems.
The successful applicant will be responsive and solution focused; with excellent time management and communication skills, as well as being adaptable enough to work across a multi-venue programme, within a 40hr week
Closing date: 5pm Friday 24 January 2020 Interviews: Friday 31 January 2020
For further information please contact Dee Fenton, Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Main functions and responsibilities
To ensure the highest standard of technical service and operation for all events at Bridport Arts Centre and to provide information and support in the development and maintenance of BAC’s technical systems. In addition, by agreement with the Director, to work co-operatively with the technical team at the Electric Palace and when required, to provide cover and support at either venue.
Key areas of responsibility:
Theatre and Operations
- In consultation with the Director and Operations Manager, assessing the technical needs of all events, agreeing a work schedule, including organising additional tech cover as agreed and being responsible for the regular submission of hours worked
- Setting up rigging, lights, equipment, staging and seating in accordance with the technical needs of the programme.
- Meeting, greeting and working alongside visiting companies to provide agreed technical services which may include assisting with get-ins and get-outs.
- Assisting with, advising on, and installing audio/visual and projection facilities for events outside the theatre.
- Operating lighting, sound (including incidental music) and projection systems for live performances including streaming formats and DCP.
- Managing the Theatre stock list and notifying Operations Manager regarding the need for Maintenance, replacement items and stock as required.
- Organising replacement cover during periods of sickness or leave.
- Maintaining safe working practices when using anything flown in (e.g. cinema screen)
- To act as a key holder/responsible person
Health and Safety
- Ensuring safe working practices are followed, promoting safety and protection of people and equipment as detailed in Technicians and hirers’ documents.
- Monitoring and supporting hirers activities and ensuring that all aspects of H&S and COSHH relative to the use of stage technical installations is followed, including ensuring that only PAT tested equipment is used in the theatre.
- Regular site inspections of technical installations, including being involved in pre-show meetings with companies designing sets specifically for use on Bridport Arts Centre’s stage.
- Maintaining secure and tidy storage of all technical equipment, checking stock against inventories and updating on a quarterly basis.
- Creating and reviewing Risk Assessments in liaison with the Operations Manager and helping to communicate updated safety news to all concerned. Ensuring that all actions prescribed by a risk assessment are implemented and maintained.
- The safety, inspection, maintenance and repair of lighting, sound and stage equipment. In particular assisting with the PAT testing at Bridport Arts Centre, with particular emphasis on theatre equipment. Maintaining A/V presentation equipment e.g. DVD player, monitors, projectors, screens.
Bridport Arts Centre – Technical Support
Overall responsibility for Lighting, Sound, Projection, IT & Internet. Including:
- Liaison with website contractors, to manage the implementation of and troubleshoot any agreed web developments
- Supporting the maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of Spektrix or other CRM
- Recording/managing/analysing/reporting Google Analytics
- Ensuring cost effective and up to date technical systems (e.g. telecoms and ICT) that enable us to function effectively across all areas of the business.
- Undertaking research, as requested, into appropriate equipment and systems that may support and develop the Arts Centre’s work
- Establishing the most cost effective systems and equipment appropriate for BAC’s needs
- Advising the Director about purchases and suppliers
- Provide relevant in-house training in technical systems as required
- Working closely with relevant external providers, ensure the organisation’s websites and associated online e-commerce portals are maintained to a high standard
- Provide ad hoc cover for all technical requirements at the Electric Palace, including DCP projection and LIVE satellite projection, in conjunction with Bridport Arts Centre programme of events
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
- The post holder is required to observe and promote Bridport Art Centre’s
Policies and Procedures.
- The post holder is required to work flexible hours, including regularly working evenings weekends and public holidays as required to deliver the Arts Centre's programme.
Job pack can be downloaded here: https://www.bridport-arts.com/jobs-volunteering/