We are delighted to announce the launch of Vivre Dance Company in January 2020, we hope this will be a vibrant group of people turning mid-50 and above who aspire to; learn new ways of moving, challenge themselves creatively and work collectively to perform.
We are looking for an Artistic Director to lead on the company, someone who:
- Is inspired by what the experienced body and mind brings to movement creation and can feed off this to choreograph work for the company to perform
- Due to the diversity of experience in the group, has extensive choreographic skills and some experience of working with this age group
- Has the confident ability to facilitate and support a group with diverse backgrounds who know their own minds, both those with and without any dance experience
- Has the skills and experience to nurture individual creative abilities that nourishes the collective performance quality of the company
- Can commit fully to weekly sessions, rehearsals and performances of the company, please consider distance when applying
The company will meet for 12-week terms throughout Autumn, Winter and Spring with a 4-week term during Summer. There will be a visiting guest artist/company each term. This will often take place during company class and your presence and support will be expected.
Weekly classes will be 2-hours long and will be a blend of technique, rehearsal and creative based activity.
We ask that company members commit to a full term at a time and we will have an open invitation to new members at the beginning of each term through open company class.
Dates & Fees
The interview will include both a formal chat and practical delivery, you must be available on Friday 20th September daytime.
We are looking to host taster sessions in October, November and December 2019 and the Company will begin fully in January 2020 with their first 11-week term. Dates and timings for the monthly taster sessions and weekly term classes still to be confirmed. Fees to be discussed.
Please apply by writing a letter/email of interest with an attached CV to Lisa Lort, Participation Producer firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 10th September 2019.
Questions: Contact Lisa, email@example.com / 01202 203642