REPORTS TO: Manager
INTERNAL CONTACTS: Staff and volunteers
EXTERNAL CONTACTS: General public, Christchurch and East Dorset Council, various emergency services and suppliers
HOURS: 40 per week, mostly weekdays but some weekend work may be required as the business demands.
Key Purpose of the Role
To be responsible for the maintenance, cleanliness and stock control of the Regent Centre. To promote and participate in achieving the most efficient and economic use of the premises, facilities, plant, equipment and materials.
1. SITE MAINTENANCE
Responsible for maintaining the site in a good state of repair and appearance including all buildings and facilities.
2. FIRE AND SECURITY
In partnership with the designated Fire and Security Officer ensure that all systems are regularly maintained and tested, appropriate records kept and all related policies and procedures are reviewed and updated as necessary
3. CARE TAKING
Ensure supplies, furniture and equipment are in place so all Regent Centre activities can proceed as expected
4. CLEANING and WELFARE
Participate in and ensure that the site is kept clean, tidy and attractive in order to minimize risks to the health and safety of those using the Regent.
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
• Previous maintenance experience is desirable as the role will include painting, redecoration, basic plumbing
and electrical maintenance
• Maintain records of all maintenance checks in the appropriate documentation schedules
• A knowledge or previous experience of a large venue environment would be desirable.
• Self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
• Flexible approach to work.
• The ability to manage, prioritise and work to deadlines.
• Organised with the ability to manage and co-ordinate multiple projects.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.