Life Circles National Training Day 2019
Saturday 8th June 2019
Bowden Hill, Crediton, Devon EX17 3EJ
Fee: £40 (subsidised by Arts Council England)
An inspirational day for dance artists, activity co-ordinators and carers interested in developing engaging arts activities in care settings. The day explores how the content of the Life Circles programme, especially movement and dance activities, can support the quality of care for fragile, older people.
This training day is suitable for newly qualified and professional dance artists interested in developing their practice to deliver innovative and creative arts sessions with older people living in care settings.
This one day course is led by experienced community dance artist Sue Way with members of the Life Circles team and shares how we work as dance artists to enhance the creativity and wellbeing of residents.
The day is practical and participatory and will cover:
- Ice breakers as we make our initial contact with participants and care staff
- Ways to warm up and exercise the whole body with simple fun sequences using music
- How we use Themes/Ideas to explore a range of emotions, feelings and memories
- The role of props and sensory stimulus and music in a creative arts session
- Taking care of individual members and information about contra-indications
- Discussion on the challenges of working in this setting and how to resolve them
Each participant will be given the Life Circles Training film and a written summary of the course contents to take home and use.
Find out more about the Life Circles programme at www.moosehall.co.uk/life-circles. Funded by Arts Council England
To book a place or for more details email email@example.com 07817002665