Arts Council England and Farnham Maltings are seeking a research consultant to conduct place-based research on diverse communities’ communications and to create a written report with recommendations for better communication of Arts Council advice giving and objectives within diverse communities.
Work will be on a freelance basis for approx 30 days between mid-November and the end of March 2016 for a fixed fee of £6000.
Research should include:
• Audit of communication and media channels used by diverse communities, including key contacts
• Mapping of arts and culture engagement by diverse communities outside of National Portfolio
• Mapping of key third sector activity which uses arts and culture to engage diverse communities
• Investment from other funders which has a diversity focus
• Summary report of the health and wellbeing needs of place-based populations looking at hard to reach groups as well as the wider issues that affect health
• Recommendations to inform a place-based diversity-focused communications plan
• Recommendations of best practice methods of accessible advice-giving
• Recommendations for realistic potential growth based on current investment levels within each place
• Focus on eight geographical areas within the south-east area in order to reflect a diverse demographic: Milton Keynes, Reading, Slough, Watford, Great Yarmouth, Colchester, East Kent and Luton
To apply: Send a CV and 300-500 word cover letter detailing why you are interested in taking on the project to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be received by noon on 14 October. Interviews will be held on 29 October at Farnham Maltings.
For more information or to discuss your application, please contact Heather Rose at email@example.com or by phone on 01252 745427.