Cape Farewell changes the way we think about climate change. We engage great creative minds to address society's biggest challenge: climate change. We are seeking two freelance Assistant Technicians to work as part of the Cape Farewell touring team on Michael Pinsky’s immersive artwork installation, Pollution Pods. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7nMME-3aC8
The role will be to assist the Lead Technicians during the build and de-rig periods of the Artwork, in addition to monitoring the Artwork when open to the public. Travel both nationally and internationally will be required.
Duties will include:
- Loading and unloading the truck.
- Packing and unpacking technical equipment.
- Working as part of a team to build and dismantle the Artwork.
- Understanding the technical nature of the Artwork.
- Monitoring the Artwork & weather conditions, adjusting equipment and interacting with public visitors.
- Following instructions and helping adhere to the Artwork inventory.
- Working outside in all weathers, sometimes for long shifts.
- Experience of working in a technical production environment, preferably outdoors.
- A calm, positive and friendly approach with strong team working skills.
- Basic technical knowledge (power, sound, lighting etc) and technologically savvy (Google maps, mobile apps, social media etc.)
- Training or experience in manual handling.
- A good listener with the ability to follow detailed instructions.
- A confident communicator with experience interacting with clients and the public.
- Confident working under own initiative.
- Based in Dorset and registered as self-employed.
- Own transport.
- A C1 driving license would be an advantage but is not essential.
The assistant technician needs to be available for the following dates:
2 June – 5 July 2019: approx. 23-25 days work across this period UK – Dorset, Manchester.
10 April – 22 April 2019 :(dates still tbc, may vary significantly) Canada
One weekend in early February 2019: (availability preferable but not essential) UK
Rate of Pay: £120/day in UK, £150/day internationally (plus a contribution towards expenses)