Responsible to: Marketing & Communications Manager
Salary range: £19,000-£21,000
Fixed term : 18 months
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Base: Pavilion Dance South West, Bournemouth
- Implement the PDSW brand across our digital and printed material.
- Design, create and produce assets for PDSW projects
- Responsibility for the in-house ‘studio’ – under the line management of the Marketing & Communications Manager you’ll gather briefs from the PDSW team and manage the process through to delivery and evaluation.
- Implement and organise an image bank system
- Consider audience demographics and accessibility – are we creating the right communication in the right way?
- Build evaluation into each project so that we can track and build on success.
- Get to know the wider PDSW team and attend all staff events whenever possible, liaising with staff when needed and collaborating whenever the opportunity arises
- Keep on top of developing cultural trends and opportunities for the PDSW brand.
- Gather, curate and create content for the newly designed pdsw.org.uk which runs on Wordpress
- Gather, curate and create content for PDSW social media channels
Website & e-marketing
- Liaise with external website agency, informing them of any updates and other requirements as part of ongoing Service Level Agreement with them
- Regularly update copy on the website using WordPress content management system
- Produce monthly website statistic and analytical reports
- Online publicity – links to other sites, competitions, etc.
- Manage and develop email lists, writing and sending out monthly e-newsletters as well as more targeted email marketing campaigns using Spektrix
- Identify key awareness opportunities both internally and externally
- Work with colleagues to create and implement web-based projects
- Create and disseminate audio/video show-reels/podcasts
- Develop and maintain all aspects of our social media applications
Promotion, Marketing and Audience Development
- Represent the organisation at events and activities in the community to reach out to and develop new audiences
- Support the Venue Manager in the marketing of Pavilion Dance spaces for external hires and events, e.g. parties.
- Produce promotional print under the guidance of the Marketing & Communications Manager by briefing external designers, liaising with printers and ordering print online; ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness. This includes occasionally designing adverts and flyers in-house.
- Assisting with the marketing of new fundraising programmes.
Press and PR
- Support the Head of Marketing and Development in the day-to-day running of PDSW media relations by fielding media enquiries, maintaining up-to-date records of press contacts and organising press events
- Provide support for PDSW events (create and put up signage; photography; flyering)
- Work flexibly where required to support priorities
- Attend staff & other relevant meetings and participate in training and other forms of staff development
- Be available to work at evenings, weekends and bank holidays when necessary
- Be aware of, and actively implement the organisation’s policies with regard to, for example, Equal Opportunities, Child Protection and Diversity
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post as directed by your line manager
In addition to a commitment to our values: generous, inclusive, inspiring, passionate - you will be able to show evidence of the following against which we will assess your application:
- A passion for dance and the arts
- Vision, imagination and creativity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated and able to work flexibly as part of a small team managing multiple priorities
- Able to work within tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy at all times
- Able to work effectively in a busy office
- Shows initiative and has a proactive nature
- A real ‘can do’ attitude to fit in with a hard-working, enthusiastic and motivated team
Essential Experience and skills
- Professional communications, marketing or media qualification or background across at least two different employers
- Experience of working with WordPress
- Strong background of working across a variety of social media channels
- Experience of writing engaging copy and campaigns
- Proven experience in proofreading and copy editing
- Graphic Design skills and experience with Photoshop
- IT literate, with experience of at least Microsoft Office
- Proven administration and organisational ability
Desirable Experience and skills
- Knowledge of Spektrix or similar box office or CMS system
- Experience of working within an arts or cultural environment
- Experience in the production and distribution of print
You can download an application pack from www.pdsw.org.uk.
We particularly encourage applications from people whose backgrounds and experience are underrepresented within the creative industries, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and Deaf and Disabled candidates.
Closing date for applications: 9am Friday 10 January 2020
Interviews will be held at Pavilion Dance on Wednesday 22 January 2020
Pavilion Dance South West is an Equal Opportunities employer