Creative Producer Vacancy
Diverse City are looking for a Creative Producer to build partnerships, shape
and curate artistic residencies and produce the work of Extraordinary
Bodies Young Artists. This role is part of Moving Forward – a project
improving access and integration across performing arts training
A handover will take place during the first month of the contract, led
by the current Producer.
- Build partnerships with regional arts and education partners to shape, curate, plan, deliver and evaluate three bespoke residency programmes working with a diverse range of participants (including Extraordinary Bodies Young Artists), mentors, artists and facilitators in Bristol, Dorset and Plymouth
- Work with the Artistic Director of Extraordinary Bodies Young Artists to oversee training programmes and residencies; award and manage training bursaries (3 p.a);
- Identify platforms for the EBYA’s touring work (from May 2017); and input as creative producer in the rehearsal room to ensure all work is performance ready.
- To meet all project earned income targets; facilitate budget management/invoice processing; and respond to opportunities for individual giving/donor initiatives
- To work with artists from Extraordinary Bodies integrated circus company as mentors to aspiring young artists (2 p.a.) and specialist trainers.
- To convene ‘Next Up’, an integrated action group, formed of young artists, artists, educators advising, acting, advocating for inclusion (2 meetings p.a.)
- To manage internal project communication (via email, project meetings, reports/articles, monthly company team meetings) and support external project communications (website, e-news, PR and social media) in liaison with Company Administrator.
- To support grant management in line with funder requirements and provide statistical data; reports; evaluation, testimony as required.
- To carry out any other reasonable project duties that may be required from time to time.
- To be a public point of contact and ambassador for Diverse City.
- To act in a professional manner at all times and be an advocate for Diverse City.
- To ensure compliance with company policies, particularly Diversity & Equality and the Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults
Disabled applicants will be interviewed. Please tell us your access requirements prior to interview. We are open to proposals of ways this role might be undertaken if our proposed structure presents barriers to any applicant.
£10,000 freelance fee, plus agreed expenses
(Approx. £30k pa pro rata for approx. 80 days)
Diverse City is committed to flexible and inclusive working practices.
Hours are flexible. This is a task-based contract.
Approx 10 months: 1st September 2016 - 30th June 2017
Flexible (work from own office), with travel in South West and to London.
Monday 25th July at 5pm.
Friday 29th July in Dorchester
For full details, please visit the Dirverse City website.
How to apply
Send the following to email@example.com:
- A 3 minute presentation to camera about why you are suited to the role and how you would approach the tasks.
- A copy of your current CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Names and contact details of two referees
If you would like a copy of the full Job Description in a Word or PDF format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like the full Job Description in another format, by post or if you need further information, please contact Becky on 07952 619763, or e-mail email@example.com.