Bournemouth Arts by the Sea Festival – Creative Producer
Fee: Maximum - £13,000
Application deadline: Friday 20th February 2015
Timescale of work: Early March – End of October 2015
Arts Bournemouth works to enhance and promote art and culture across Bournemouth, presenting events throughout the year, including the annual Bournemouth Arts by the Sea Festival. A key aim of Arts Bournemouth is to create a stronger presence and profile for the arts in Bournemouth and to increase the range and engagement of audiences in the Borough and beyond.
Now in its fifth year, Bournemouth Arts by the Sea Festival presents an inspirational, ambitious and diverse annual arts festival with the aim of creating a stronger presence and profile of the arts in Bournemouth, through the staging of a compelling event.
The Festival strives to:
combine high-profile, inspirational, spectacle outdoor events with local participation;
develop site-specific performances and activities at locations which explore the lesser known and unusual places and spaces in the Borough and beyond;
commission exemplary new work with our key partners, co-commissioners and collaborators;
create ambitious new opportunities for regional artists and our associate artists
incorporate artistic activities that fully exploit the unique seaside characteristics of Bournemouth.
The 2015 Bournemouth Arts by the Sea Festival will be a ten day festival, opening with a weekend of free outdoor events throughout the town where the focus will be to raise awareness of the festival and increase engagement with the arts through inclusive and accessible events across a range of disciplines, the majority of which will be free and unrestricted. Throughout the rest of the programme, Arts Bournemouth will work with partner organisations to present a broad programme of events and exhibitions in a variety of venues (both indoor and outdoor) across the Borough. The theme this year will be based around ‘light’, placing emphasis on the sea and Bournemouth’s unique location.
Arts Bournemouth (Bournemouth Borough Council) are looking to appoint a Creative Producer for the 2015 Bournemouth Arts by the Sea Festival which will be held from 9th – 18th October 2015. There is also currently a requirement for the appointed person to assist with the booking and programming of both indoor and outdoor content for the Festival.
The purpose of the contract is to:
1. Work with the Arts Bournemouth team to source, contract, commission and programme the festival content in accordance with Arts Council England and Festival Steering Group recommendations and requirements.
2. To be responsible for preparing and producing written contracts for Festival commissions and events. To produce contracts for artists, performers and service providers within agreed Council procedures and funding criteria set by stakeholders.
3. Work with the Arts Bournemouth team in the planning and delivery of all festival events.
4. To work with the PR and Marketing Manager to support the plan for distribution of all publicity material.
In addition to the above, the post holder is to:
1. To work within the Arts Bournemouth team to provide logistical coordination and events management at a number of events across the ten day festival.
2. To be responsible for ensuring risk assessments are undertaken and that all health and safety requirements are adhered to.
3. Produce written documentation for the safety and welfare of the public at Arts Bournemouth events, including the production and delivery of the event management plan.
4. Act as artist liaison.
5. To be responsible for agreeing all technical requirements and costings for Arts Bournemouth events, and to liaise with companies for submission of tenders for the technical specs relating to events.
6. To procure all services in line with Bournemouth Borough Council’s financial regulations and to monitor and manage the budget accordingly.
7. To be responsible for overseeing the set up and delivery of Festival projects and venues and where appropriate engage specialist technicians.
8. To attend events where technical support is required and to oversee the safety, security and risk management plan.
9. The Bournemouth Tourism events team will manage any events taking place on outdoor council land, the Creative Producer will be required to work closely with this team to deliver any outdoor events as part of the festival.
10. To liaise with council departments, venues and artists to ensure correct documentation is produced to cover all health and safety and licensing requirements.
There will be a requirement to work long and unsociable hours throughout the festival set up, duration and break down. This may include evenings, weekend and late night working.
A desk and computer will be provided to the successful candidate at the Arts Bournemouth office, Town Hall Annexe, St Stephens Road, Bournemouth; during September until the end of the Festival period, the post holder is to be based full time within this office. Outside of this and from the date of commencement, the post holder will be expected to spend at least one day per fortnight in the office in addition to attending any necessary meetings with internal or external partners. From June onwards, attendance will be required at a minimum of two regular meetings per month. As a guide, we would not anticipate this role to be fulfilled in less than an average of 74hrs per week.
Copy and paste this link for more comprehensive details: http://artsbournemouth.org.uk/arts-bournemouth/wp-content/uploads/2015/0...
If you wish to discuss this brief in greater detail then in the first instance you should contact Amanda Barrie, Head of Destination Development and Strategy at Amanda.email@example.com or by phoning 01202 451709