Activate seeks a highly motivated freelance Assistant Producer to join the Inside Out Dorset festival team. This iconic biennial festival has reached nearly 200,000 visitors since it began in 2007 and we have a unique opportunity for an energetic, enthusiastic self-starter to help bring ‘extraordinary events to extraordinary places.’ Our programme of outdoor arts has been enjoyed by thousands of people and we aim for many thousands more to be involved during 2020.
Are you passionate about outdoor arts? Do you have the skills and enthusiasm to take up the challenge of this position? Then this may be the contract for you and we’d love to hear from you.
We anticipate the services to be delivered in 2-3 days per week from March – August 2020, full time from Monday 3rd August 2020 until the festival ends on 27th September 2020, and 2 days per week for the remainder of September and October 2020.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Friday 24th January 2020
Interviews to be held in Dorchester on: Tuesday 4th February 2020
Ideal start date: March 2020
We are looking for an Assistant Producer to support — in collaboration with the team at Activate — the Inside Out Dorset Producer and festival team in the delivery of the programme for Inside Out Dorset Festival 2020 by undertaking the following key tasks:
- support the delivery of the Inside Out Dorset festival programme and associate programme (outreach, artist talks, artists’ training or development programme);
- support the Producer in communication to the team and partners;
- work closely with the Producer and Senior Administrator to plan the collection of donations at festival events;
- support the Producer in day to day liaison with artists and festival participants by collating and sharing information and undertaking administrative requests;
- assist the Producer in overall and individual project budget management by collecting and processing invoices, expense claims and receipts, updating budgets as requested and helping complete final festival budget reconciliation float forms, receipts;
- support in set up of key meetings, attending these and writing minutes;
- Research and liaise with suppliers: obtaining quotes and placing orders.
- gather requested information for contracts, license applications, work permits and insurance;
- book festival accommodation and travel, including private transport;
- plan with the Producer artist meet and greets, make and distribute artist and delegate welcome packs;
- maintain and update databases such as Stakeholder database and Inside Out Dorset contacts database. Produce full draft of IOD festival contact sheet;
- work with the Producer and Volunteer Coordinator to plan festival volunteer programme;
- assist the creation of the access guides for the artists and audience;
- Assist Producer in ensuring effective and safe working practices at all times in line with Activate core policies, safeguarding children, equal opportunities, health and safety, environmental and diversity policies;
- write evaluation report and send to the Producer, attend sign off meeting at end of contract period.
The remuneration for the whole of this brief is £10,000 excluding VAT.
Expenses: a travel budget is available for site visits and meetings outside of the Activate office, and we encourage the use of public transport and car sharing where possible. Accommodation and per diems where overnight stays away from home are required during the festival period, September 2020 are supplied. It is anticipated that you have your own home office facilities, including laptop and mobile phone, in order to deliver the services.
To apply for this role, you must be:
- Registered as self-employed
- Have your own private transport
- Be based in Dorset and able to work regularly from the Activate office in Dorchester
- Able to work flexible hours and be freely available for the month of September when the festival takes place
To apply, please supply the following information:
- Your up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4, setting out why you wish to apply for this position and the knowledge, skills and experience you can offer, set against the Project Brief. Please refer to actual activities/programmes and projects where possible
- The names and addresses of two referees. References for shortlisted candidates will be taken up before interview unless you request otherwise
Please send to email@example.com by 9am on Friday 24th January 2020.
Candidates selected for interview will be informed by 5pm on Friday 31st January 2020.
Interviews will be held at the Activate office in Dorchester on Tuesday 4th February 2020.
Activate is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION