Activate's Artistic Policy
We work with artists who:
- Want to make work that is contemporary in its practice.
- Reflect our diverse communities locally and across the UK.
- Understand, or want to develop their understanding of what makes working in the outdoors so special.
- Understand that performance cannot happen without an audience.
- Value the relationship between the audience and the art.
- Want to challenge and interrogate with their work, for themselves and their audiences.
- Want to delight, welcome and inspire their audience.
- Are interested in socially engaged practice.
- Are passionate about what they have to communicate and how they do this with an audience.
- Are interested in participatory work to share their practice with communities.
Please note this list is a guide; we don’t expect artists we work with to meet all of these criteria.
- Work with colleagues and partners to realise artistic projects that benefit audiences.
- Ensure our work reaches children and young people, diverse communities, older people and the audiences across our communities who we want to engage with further
- Base ourselves in Dorset to benefit our local community
- Work locally, nationally and internationally to fulfil our vision in producing, promoting and developing the highest standards of work for audiences and artists
- Encourage artists to try something new, to develop their practice and to help others to develop their potential.