Technical Manager, Arts by the Sea Festival (Bournemouth Borough Council)
The Arts by the Sea Festival (14th– 21stOctober 2017) is looking to appoint a Technical Manager to be responsible for providing technical logistics, stage management and additional crew for all indoor events that form part of the festival programme.
The Technical Manager will:
- Provide technical logistics for a range of indoor venues.
- Conduct venue site visits to assess suitability and liaise with venue managers and technicians regarding technical specifications.
- Advise the Creative Producer on the practicalities of staging performances and schedules of activity.
- Communicate with artists regarding show requirements.
- Attend site visits as required.
- Support visiting companies and oversee installation and striking of production elements for get-ins, shows and get-outs.
- Source and procure additional technical equipment at the best price.
- Provide and oversee a Stage Manager and/ or Technical Assistants as required. They should be suitably qualified and experienced to programme lighting for shows and operate sound systems for various performances including live theatre, dance and music.
- Work with the festival team to ensure health and safety requirements are met, including collecting and checking Risk Assessments, Insurance documents and Fire Evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all performance, rehearsal, backstage, production and storage areas are left in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
The Festival is looking for an applicant with qualifications and/ or experience in managing complex multi-art form performances, technical and stage management, sound and lighting systems, health & safety in an entertainment context, good communication, organisational and time-management skills.
This is a temporary contract for a maximum fee of £7,500. The post-holder should be available from 18thApril 2017 and will work on average 6 hours a week until 8thOctober, then work as required pre-festival week 9th– 13thOctober and festival week 14th– 21stOctober. They will oversee post-festival strike 22nd– 23rdOctober. There will be a requirement to work long and unsociable hours throughout the festival set-up, duration and break down. This may include evenings, weekend and late night working.
For a full job specification and any enquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org