Workforce Planning is a continual process that matches the needs and priorities of the organisation with the skills, knowledge and experience of its volunteers, staff and trustees to ensure it can meet its aims and objectives.
To support members of the Cultural Partnership develop a plan for their trustees, staff and volunteers, a series of training courses will be delivered in the Autumn. The courses will enable learners to;
* Gain a better understanding of what workforce planning is.
* Understand how to develop a plan that involves staff, trustees and volunteers and links their organisations objectives and business plan.
* Write and implement a plan for their organisation using a template.
* Dorchester. Part 1 on 23rd October 9.30 – 12.30 and Part 2 on 11th December 9.30 – 12.30 at the Dorchester Library Learning Centre
To register for the Dorchester sessions go to: http://www.dorsetcommunityaction.org.uk/events/cultural-partnership-workforce-planning-training-dorchester
* Wimborne. Part 1 on 5th November 9.30 – 12.30 and Part 2 on 17th December 9.30 – 12.30 at the Community Learning and Resource Centre.
To register for the Wimborne sessions go to: http://www.dorsetcommunityaction.org.uk/events/cultural-partnership-workforce-planning-training-wimborne
Part 1 of the course will provide learners with the knowledge and tools to write a plan. Following the first part of the course, learners will be required to develop a plan using the template provided in Part 1.
Part 2 will be a peer learning session to enable learners to share their experience, provide further guidance and support and identify the next steps. This session will also provide information about additional support available and how this can be accessed.
Workforce planning is suitable for any size of organisation, as long as you have a business plan or clear objectives and an understanding how these are achieved.
Places will be limited, so please book early.
For further information contact Anita Hansen, Dorset Community Action email email@example.com or tel 01202 847606 or Sarah Scally, Dorset County Council email firstname.lastname@example.org or 01305 224637