The Arts Development Company Chief Executive
Please doenload enclosed job pack and visit the Arts Development Company website for team and organisational details.
Company overview The Arts Development Company (TADC) was set up in July 2015 as an employee-led social enterprise and is registered as a Community Interest Company (CIC). The company was set up by members of Dorset County Council arts development team with help from the government’s Mutuals Support Programme. It is the only dedicated arts service in the country to become a public service mutual in this way and we are now running as an innovative social enterprise. TADC is an exceptional company driven by a desire to find new and enterprising ways to support, develop and promote arts, cultural and creative industries in order to help make the sector sustainable and ensure that arts and culture thrive at the heart of community life in Dorset and beyond. There is also a recognition of the growing importance of arts, cultural and creative industries to the economy and their part in making Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole a more attractive place for creative businesses to start up or relocate to.
Among the programmes of work which TADC currently manages are:
• A substantial three-year programme of business development for arts, cultural and tourism organisations in Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole in partnership with the Dorset Growth Hub.
• Linked to this programme, research and development focused on innovative approaches to social investment that could support for arts and cultural activity in new ways.
• Delivery of a Short Breaks programme providing creative sessions for SEN children.
• Two projects working with young people not in education to open-up opportunities for employment and training.
• Working with the Dorset AONB to deliver Stepping into Nature activities for those with dementia.
• The management and development of the county’s key collaborative group – Dorset Arts Together (DAT) – and the associated ‘outcome hubs’ which deliver projects across Children & Young People, Arts & Environment, Access & Participation, Economy and Health & Wellbeing. The Arts Development Company, CEO Page | 2 Overview The current CEO is stepping down from the post and the company is now seeking to appoint a new chief executive.
The appointee will:
• Lead the company into a new phase of business development.
• Continue to build on the reputation of the company as an innovative force for change in the arts and cultural sector.
• Work with key partners and stakeholders to ensure that arts and culture continue to play a central role in Dorset communities, and that the company continues to operate in a strategic role in relation to this goal.
• Represent the company locally, regionally and nationally with funders and other prospective partners, creating business value and impact through these partnerships.
• Continue to oversee and develop the culture and running of the company as an employeeled entity committed to ideas of collaborative shared management and driven social enterprise.
• Post induction and probation period, take a director seat on the board and work closely with other directors to further develop and extend the shape and functioning of the board and overall governance of the organisation.
• Search out and implement new business and trading opportunities to reduce the dependency of the company on public funding.
• Oversee the successful operation and further development of all our key business functions (e.g. communications and marketing, finance, governance, social impact, HR) ensuring continuous quality improvement in these areas.
• Confidence and commitment to delivering exceptional projects and programmes and highquality customer service.
• Team management and a collaborative ethos to ensure smooth and effective running of the business and its staff team.
• Negotiation skills, creativity and the ability to create social and financial value by working with others.
• A commitment to developing ideas and responding positively to other creative team members.
• Great communicator and comfortable using a range of tools and channels for this purpose.
• Building and maintaining existing strong relationships and business with organisations and partners.
• Efficiency and organisational ability to ensure that all internal and external obligations are met, including report writing and reporting back to boards and stakeholders.
• Resourceful and strategic approach to project and business management; seeking opportunities and horizon scanning to create value and ensure the best environment for the organisation to flourish.
• Continue to build a socially enterprising culture in the organisation that creates social impact and financial value.
• Ability to run and develop effective and efficient businesses and organisations from an operational perspective.
Salary £40,000 per annum, the role is full-time with flexibility required to work some evenings and weekends.
TADC operates a flexible working policy which enables employees to take reasonable time off in lieu. Some travel across the county and beyond will be required.
The company is a member of the NEST pension scheme. The CEO will be accountable to the board of trustees and will manage the company in line with the attached organogram
Please send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) explaining why you would be suited to the post.
In your letter, you should pay particular attention to the key required skills of the role and explain how your experience to date addresses these.
The Arts Development Company is committed to equal opportunities both in the provision of services and as an employer.
Your application should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please mark your application CEO application in the subject box. Applications must be received by 0900 on the 8th January 2018 Applications received after this time will not be read. The provisional interview date is 19th January 2018. Interviews will be held in Dorchester. If you have any queries or require further information about this job specification please ring Mike Hoskin on 01305 224937 Or email email@example.com